Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hello Everyone!

     All right, this week we got to clean the chapel, which includes throwing horrendous amounts of water everywhere and then sweeping it out with a broom. Haha-no carpet in these chapels. Also we had to go in and clean the baptismal font for a baptism. Hna. Calderon and I were in the font with soap and brooms scrubbing it while it was partway full, while the elders watched. Then when they did decide to help us, we ended up soaked as we had water pored all over us! Then later we were decorating the chapel for the baptism and we saw that the font was draining, so Hna C. told me to wade in and fix the stopper thing. IN A SKIRT! Thank goodness there was no one there! I couldn't even fix it, so she had to get in too and we just stood there and laughed as our skirts were hiked up to our hips. Quite the experience... Also we went and painted a girls room pink! I think we came home covered in more paint than the room!
     Hna C said that I have actually started to teach our investigators principles instead of just bearing my testimony! And she only has to explain to me what is going on some times! I'm working on being bold in the message I am here to share and my missionary purpose. I'm working on feeling no shame when I speak. I'll never learn the language if I don't talk.  So now I just talk and make mistakes and move on!
       OH YEAH AFTER ONE OF OUR LESSONS WE SAW A PROPOSAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are going to get married.  After we talked about how God is our loving Heavenly Father and how the gospel blesses families, he got down on his knee and proposed to the lady! Then he told Hermana Calderon to set a date!!!! Guess who's going to a wedding on May 2nd? THIS GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you guys!

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment