Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Mom,
      I still have ear issues that I'm working on and an infected eye, but I saw the doctor AGAIN and hopefully I'll get everything taken care of!  The doctor said I have to get meds for a month to help my ear drain and then it should get better.
     We were inside for 5 days because Hna C had chikungunya and I thought I'd die of boredom. We watched a lot of movies....did you know we are allowed to watch the Best Two years, The Other Side of Heaven, The RM,  Charly and  all LDS movies like that?????  Super cool so please send some of those for the next package!
     When she felt better it felt so good to go back out and work and bear our testimonies again. It was like an old muscle that we needed to exercise, and the last two days were amazing.  We just used our time so well.  We found people that we really needed to find and we gave the first lesson in 30 min flat and the lady understood everything! And Hna Calderon said she was so proud of me for how far my teaching and my Spanish have come! good stuff!!!!!
     Also, please send me fungal cream in general and saline eye drops.  The doctor said that it's been so dirty here lately that they have seen tons of eye infections.  So I have to wash my eyes out every night with eye drops. I have one bottle now, but that will only last so long..... Oh yeah I learned today that most all of the bug spray that they import into the DR is expired from the US....so I still have some and  just to let you know I still have two full bottles and I use it everyday by the way=) Oh yeah and my head is legit freaking out.....it's not getting better. I have looked EVERYWHERE for anything tea tree related and it does not exist in this country! Please send tea tree shampoo and conditioner.  Thank you so much and I really am sorry for asking for this stuff......I do feel really bad.....
 Love You!

Leah
Dad,

FREAK YOU BROKE YOUR ARM?????????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? Dad! You have to watch where you are going! Are you ok?????
     Aye aye aye Dad....well at least Ollie is okay=) But I hope you feel better! I'm praying for you guys. Are you guys doing OK? I hope so and I really love you a lot and I miss you a lot! Hey tell Mom I can cook like a Dominican now.   I'm still working on the big dishes, but some of the small items I can manage! I'm making you guys mangu when I get home! I hit 5 months on the 12th!!!! Whoo hoo! I had some cool teaching experiences this week just because I'm finally becoming more comfortable with the lessons and more confident in Spanish. I didn't flounder for words so much. But I know that only happens with obedience! 
      Chickungunya is mosquito disease! You should look it up and tell me about it more! It's from Africa and makes your whole body hurt! OH FORWARD THIS TO MOM TELL HER TO SEND AN ICE PACK!  AND A MUSCLE RELAXANT!

 Love you!

Leah




painting toes while stuck inside sick!



No comments:

Post a Comment