Hello Everyone,
This week flew by, though nothing new has really happened. I have gotten 4 dear elders from Mom! Thanks! One last week and 3 today but I haven't read them yet. Also is time going fast or slow for you guys? Time has started to speed up for me, so just curious.
So...highlights of the week. They feed us cough drops for candy...that's kinda funny. Also we had boiled plantains with Velveeta fake cheese and spam for dinner one day, that was....gross. MOM, you have no idea what a real mango is supposed to taste like! I hated mango in the US, but its amazing when it's on a tropical island! SO SWEET!
I have only spent money that we took out of my account before I left, so I haven't touched my account. I got a cheap back pack for like 3 1/2 dollars... that was cool, I'll have to get a better one eventually but for now it's OK. It'll last until I get to Santiago.
Oh yeah! Ha ha, I thought singing in Spanish was hard? Just add in an excited group of Haitians singing in French at the same time! :) I have gone to Spanish endowment sessions and a French sealing! COOL!
That's all I've got because, nothing else happened. I'm not even kidding. We went to the store and I bought a Snickers bar, so that was a highlight of my week. Oh, and the MTC president's wife is hemming two of my longer skirts. That's pretty much it. Next week I'll have a lot more to say because tomorrow I go out in the field for half the day for practice!
Love,
-Leah

No comments:
Post a Comment