Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Friday, March 7, 2014

Hello everyone!

     This week was good... for the most part there are always hard days but I had some funny experiences! First of all it is freezing cold in the CCM! Sure wish I brought a sweater! I got so sick of it I wore my blanket from my bed to class! Everyone kept asking me if I was sick! Finally I remembered that I have my raincoat thing.  So I'm now kind of warm, but I really clash in my patterns! So, my first week doing the laundry I washed my green sweater with my red dress! It's now like gross brown green so that's kind of funny!

     So in spanish our last name means turtle and or something in the turtle family.   I saw someone make the "awkward turtle sign" and I thought that's what they were doing for my name and so when I was in a lesson with an "investigator" I was trying to explain my name in my limited spanish. Not until much later did I learn that the sign I tried to make has quite a different meaning....I pretty much did  the equivalent of flipping some one off and calling them gay. Go Leah! 1st discussion off to a great start!

     I also fell asleep during personal study! I've never done that before! Last sunday we all fell asleep during personal time and  we were woken up by the the ccm president's wife using her key to walk in and let us know that we were missing our doctrine class. Now that Sister Freestone kind of scares the living daylights out of everyone...so yeah, we ran to class! One of the elders said  that the funniest part was that we all came in with lines on our faces! Great example we set for the new district!

     DAD!!! I ATE SPAM. Not as bad as you think but then again once is enough!  Love you!

Love,

Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment