Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Thursday, February 19, 2015

     Allright,  everyone listen up! This is by far, has been the best week of my whole mission! Why you may ask? Well I´ll tell you why! We went to Puerta Plata!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WENT TO THE FREAKING BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how beautiful the beach is here in the DR!!!!!! The ocean turns blue and green and white and turquoise and dark blue all in different parts!!!!!!  It is so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I´ve decided I want a beach when I get home. It was so fun and my legs are burned but it is was so worth it!!!!! And I have pictures!!!!!!

      Also a funny Dominican moment is that something peculiar about them is whenever you compliment them they offer to give whatever it was you liked to you sometimes. Which I still don't get because sometimes you just want them to know that they look nice! So I told a recent converts mother that I liked her shirt.  So she proceeds to strip in front of me and then gives her shirt to me as my jaw has just hit the ground. Yeah, my comp and I just lost it laughing as she walked out of the room in just her bra. And then her son just looks at us like what's wrong with you guys? Yeah.......that's a new one. 

      Also we had rum ice cream given out at a baptism.....that was funny....kind of.......ha ha the Bishop bought it......=) Well, it doesn't get much better than that!  I love you guys!

Hna Carey






It is mission tradition to burn a tie, skirt or dresss at the one year mark so I burned a dress and it didn't burn as fast as it should have! So.....the bucket melted!!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment