Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

     SO a funny moment, I was walking down the street and I walked by a callejón and these two vicious little dogs came out and started to try and attack me and bite me. (Side note I have become better at defending myself from dogs because before I would just keep walking and pray they don't bite me and usually my companion saved me, but now I have become brave enough to kick them away! YAY PROGRESS!) SO I was kicking these dogs away all panicky and as I was kicking them away and defending myself, I kind of ran into a pole.....with my face......it wasn't exactly a pole but that's the best best way that I'm going to be able to describe it to you. Yeah, it hurt, but what's worse is people notice when I do stupid things because I don't blend in at all. So there is that! I know good job! I know I am just making you guys proud making a scene in the DR. =)

       Also our baptismal date fell through this week and we had to postpone it for next week. Our investigator is great but we just had a really hard time finding him in his house and got behind on the lessons but all is well. =) Also, I have seen so much in the mission that just when the day seems like a really bad one and all the lessons have fallen though, every time that we stop to pray and ask the Lord where he would have us go, he blesses us with a really good contact. =) The Lord is so mindful of His missionaries and helps and supports us so much!

      In the mission we really have a unique opportunity to look and see ourselves as we really are and see all of the imperfections that we have. But the Lord is so kind and merciful with us that he really does bless us that we can become better  and have the strength to be the person that he wants us to be. He blesses us so much and it is so incredible and I am so grateful for all of his help! I have come to learn a little bit more about how much we really depend on our Father in Heaven. I'm so happy that I have a loving Heavenly Father and that His son loved us enough to sacrifice all and save us if we follow our Father´s plan!

I love you all! 

Hermana Carey 


No comments:

Post a Comment