Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Hello,

     So this week.....I decided that cats are gross. We went to a service project where cats were in a lady´s house and they just pooped everywhere. It was special....=) Only my cat is not gross, I love her! Also, we had a zone dinner and that was super fun! We had to cook for 18 people and the president and his wife in our house! That was crazy!
      I got to be with the mini missionary a lot this week which was way fun! Funny experience! So she saw a Rubiks cube and just got so excited that she wanted one and so I listened to her talk about her ¨cubito¨for 3 days and finally we went back to the store and she bought the cube and we went back to the house and she was playing with it and all the sudden I hear "öh no! mi cubito! Se rompio, mi cubit!¨She´d only had it for 10 minutes and it had completely fallen apart! I laughed SO hard! And for about 20 minutes she just sat there trying to put it back together! Aw poor thing!  She eventually  fixed it.
     Then, we had to go into the city for a meeting and we went to McDonald's for lunch which is pretty high class for a missionary here, I kid you not.  We had to cross the street to get there and we were crossing like Dominicans, which is pretty much just jay- walking and there was a barrier in the road and we didn't realize it because we were talking. So we´re standing next to the barrier in the middle of the road when the traffic starts and we have to climb up on this ledge so that the traffic is 4 ft away from us instead of 3 ft. And then we´re just trying to figure out what to do and the mini missionary starts to climb the little fence in her skirt! And then Hna Navas follows her! And I'm there in a pencil skirt that doesn't allow for climbing over freaking fences! So one of the strangers selling something comes and grabs my hand and helps me over the fence! It was a tad bit crazy, but fun!
      I HAVE A NEW COMPANION FROM COSTA RICA AND SHE WAS IN MY GROUP FROM THE CCM!
Anyways I love you guys!

Hna. Carey


Leah and just the mini missionary



Matching yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment