Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Thursday, April 9, 2015

   Mom,

  Good news......I found Dad a nice t-shirt to bring home, I bought Chinese food and I had some really good grape juice! And General Conference was amazing! I loved it! I got to watch it in English with one of my CCM companions Hna Bowen! It was way fun!  
     Alright, so the regular news of the week. My third area lasted all of three weeks. Transfers came and I'm in La Vega now.  Oh yeah I think this will be my last area.  I've heard all good things. Everyone wants to go to La Vega. It's a city but it's a poor city.  So I've been told to not walk around with a lot of jewelry on. That's funny, I sure do stick out. With the transfer I got a new companion.  When I left my old companion Hna Santiago this morning she was almost in tears and she thanked me and told me that I was a good companion to her and that she knows her weaknesses but that she learned a lot and that I helped her and she loved me. It really made me think and surprised me. It's really a tender mercy that she actually noticed that I really did try. Fasting, praying and everything.  I love her too..... just from a distance.
     My new companion (as of this morning) flat out told me that she won't leave to proselyte in the morning with me and that if I wanted to go out in the morning I could find someone else to do it with. I just looked at her and went, well, we are going to have problems then. It'll be interesting.....I think President and God are picking on me...=) This is ridiculous.=)   I think she is testing to see how far she can push me. But I've learned a lot of things in my mission and I don't budge so easily anymore about those things.  I have learned a lot about the first two commandments. Love God and love your neighbor but never get the order switched around. Anyways I love you!

Love,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment