Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Thursday, April 30, 2015



     Well, this week was interesting......we were having a lesson with a less active member when her pregnant neighbor faints. They go to help her and then get kicked out of her house. After, as we are about to start the lesson, the same lady who had fainted comes out and and tells us you're not of my religion right? Do you know why I'm doing this?" And I panicked.  So... I wide eyed told her no and then she throws HOLY WATER on us! Yep.....holy water kept in a 7-UP soda bottle. I was terrified. It is a first though.....and on the bright side it was super hot so it was rather refreshing.
      There has been a killer heat wave that has swept the DR.  We are walking in 100 degree weather! Wow....I've never been so hot in my life! We have to use umbrellas to save us from being horribly burnt! IT'S SO HOT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone is dying of heat and it will just get hotter! Also two days ago my companion and I got two giant water tanks (the blue ones that we use for food storage) and filled them up with a bucket of cold water and got inside. It's that hot! Since we don't really have a bathtub we improvised=)
     Also a few weeks ago Ramon got baptized!!!!! He was an investigator that Hna blanch and I were teaching in Esperanza! I wasn't able to go to it but I'm so happy he got baptized!!! I got to talk to Hna Blanch again this week and she told me that another girl named Winnifer is going to be baptized this Saturday!!!!! We had just started teaching her when I got transferred out. It's sad that I don't get to be there or that I didn't get to finish teaching them but I'm so happy they are getting baptized!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!!!!!!!  I just don't get to be there for them and that's sad.  I feel like everyone gets baptized after I leave. But I was talking to Hna bates and she told me something really nice.  She said that the Lord doesn't just give the glory to one person.  He brings in and takes out missionaries to remind us that it is His work and not our work. I really think that is true.   If we baptized everyone then we might start to think that it is just us and not Him.=) He´s smart that way=)
    Mom, before I forget! I WANT STRAWBERRY RHUBARB PIE WHEN I GET HOME!!!!!!!! I'm telling you early so that you can freeze one.  YOU HAVE TOO!!!!!!!!! THAT IS ALL I WANT!!!!!!! They don't freaking do pie here!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment