Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Thursday, October 16, 2014


Hello Everyone!!!!

     So I had a completely ridiculous experience this week! We were in a ruta on our way to a devotional.  And is was a sketchy ruta from the beginning...... It was like just thin metal sheets that were holding us in that car. Well, it started going really slow and we didn't know why. We were on a road where he should have been booking it. (because they usually do) We finally asked the driver what was wrong and he kindly informs us that WE HAVE RUN OUT OF GAS! So the motor is now off and we are just rolling down the road! ROLLING! So he goes as far as he can until we stop. Now it is officially dark and starting to rain. And he lets us out and gives us our money back. Now it is a Dominican rule that if we don't get to our destination, or if the ruta breaks, they return the money. So we find another ruta and get in and this ruta driver is a real nice guy and wants to help out the first ruta driver.  And so he gets behind the first broken ruta and hits it (actually car hitting car) and pushes this car to the gas station. We all just looked at each other like are you kidding me? Then getting home from the devotional we got a ride with a member in the back of his pick up truck. You know like on real roads we were driving and we're in the back..... but wait it gets better.  I'M HOLDING A FOUR YEAR OLD ON MY FREAKING LAP!!!!!!! Yep this is the country I live in. I've never held a kid so tight in my entire life:) 

     I got Aunt Diahan's package!!  Yay food!  The perfume she sent me smells really good too.   It's called Scarlet Kiss by Bodycoligy.  I like it a lot!  She also sent me orange nail polish.   So I've been rocking that!   It is the month of Halloween:) 

     Those are the highlights of my week.  I'm pretty sure I'm getting transferred next week, so i'll officially be leaving my first area. I'm sad about that, but its good to get to know more of the country.:)

Love,

Hermana Carey