Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Hello Everyone!

     So this week was fun! We were in a ruta and I am now understanding some of the music here and a terrible song came on and the ruta was full of missionaries and one stranger and the driver. So we were all just kind of looking at each other and so it was kind of funny because I had to ask the driver to change the song and then he and the stranger laughed because they thought it was funny. And the other missionaries were just laughing at me because because I was trying to communicate. Then he changed the song and I was all happy and when I looked at the other missionaries they laughed and told me that I didn't understand this song because it was much worse that the first song!  So I looked at the driver like "are you kidding me!" and then I told him to change it again and that this song was worse and that I was sure he had better options. Everyone thought that it was pretty funny.  Then we got out at our stop and I thanked him for changing his terrible dirty music. The driver thought that it was funny.
     Also, a highlight of the week! 80's music!!!!!!! Our neighbors are great! We get to listen to Celine Dion and Hotel California! But it sure is a bummer that it starts at 8 am on the dot. Try studying  about Jesus and having Celine Dion blaring through the window!  And you can't really close the window because you'll die from heat. It's special. 
     We also locked ourselves in the chapel and we were in there for about 30 minutes.......We also saw a moped race this week.  It  was funny!  I love fried eggs and fritos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So good! You haven't had fried eggs until you've had a Dominican fry your egg!!!!! so much better! Yay! Anyway that's what happened this week. I am reading Jesus the Christ and it is so good! I have read Our Heritage and Our Search for Happiness! They are amazing! And we set a baptismal date!
I love you guys!

Hna. Carey


No comments:

Post a Comment