Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hello everyone! 

     So I ran into soooo many things this week! 1. A sack of bananas from a banana tree with my face 2.  A fire extinguisher that was attached to the wall....also with my face 3. A bright orange giant gate that was super obvious.....with my hip. Yep apparently I'm just a bulldozer and can't watch where I'm going!
      My cooking experiences were great this week! I followed with our tradition and made french toast for conference! Mom it's better with milk and evaporated milk too!!! I made it for the sisters and Elders! I only made it for the Elders so they would give me their syrup which I kept and now I have it for more french toast! I also made pasta salad! That was good! Then yesterday I made homemade garlic mashed potatoes! So... mashed potatoes with a fried egg, avocado and hot sauce.......SUPER GOOD! I'm going to learn to make rice this week.... we'll see how that goes!
      Today was fun! Well, hard but fun! We climbed to the top of a peak which sucked, but was super pretty, so it was worth it! We payed a guy to take us up in his truck to where the trail leads off and that was funny! He got a flat tire and I have never seen a tire shredded in my entire life until today! Well it was fun! We fit 14 people into the back of that little truck and climbed the mountain! Yay! 
But yup.... those are the highlight of the week! 
     Oh and conference!  LOVED THAT! It was like vacation!:) Man, the general authorities are just so great aren't they? Anyways love you!

Hna Carey

 Dad,

     Conference was so great!!!!!!!  I learned a lot! Conference is different to watch on the mission! It's just nice to be on the receiving end of the advice and counsel! I never thought in my entire life I would have to console and help people with problems like the ones I have encountered.......half the time  inside I feel like "are you kidding me Heavenly Father?"  I'm only 19, how am I supposed to help them? Then a scripture will come to my mind and and I just start talking and let the spirit guide what I say until they feel the love that Heavenly Father has for them. It is an amazing feeling! Being a missionary is so hard, but I love it so much! I love teaching people and helping them to realize who they really are and how special that is!  I love You!

Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment