Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Friday, October 31, 2014

Leah emailed a day late.

Hello everyone! 

     Ha ha.... no new P Day. It´s a funny story....So I couldn't write yesterday because everything in the city was shut down! Why you may ask? WELGAS! Now what is a welga? Yep that's a fun thing where people start shooting in the air and throwing burning tires in the streets because they´re upset with political decisions! Whoo Hoo! =) Yep, so yesterday at 6:50 in the morning our DL calls us to ask if there is a riot where we are too, because they started shooting at 5 AM in front of his house! Lucky for us it was only on the other side of town where the elders live! It was over after a couple of hours, but after Welgas EVERYTHING  shuts down. SO that means no Internet centers. We weren´t allowed to leave the house to go proselyting, so we spent the majority of our day in the house! Whoo Hoo! That was an interesting experience! Yep, so that's cool....welcome to the campo! 
     My area is super different...small, but nice! I love my new companion though! She's super low key and we get along really well! YAY! So that was the highlight of my week...=)  I guess i´ll never forget that! Anyways I love you all! 

Hna. Carey


No comments:

Post a Comment