Hello everyone!
So, I had a cool experience on the bus today with my district. We are only a district of 4, ha ha=). So we met these people that are from the DR, but lived in the US for about 9 years and they speak really good English. My district leader is training someone, so he's still super new and doesn't understand a lot of Spanish. It was so cool to see him get to explain so much about the Gospel in English and stretch his missionary muscles! Also we were sitting in front of them and Hna Snow and I were talking about how weird it is to hear someone talk about the Gospel in English because .....it's just weird. We talk all day long in Spanish and then we had to stop and explain it all in English. It was SUPER hard! Our brains are now hardwired to connect the Gospel and Spanish together. So we were talking and it's like when we talk in Spanish it means more if that makes sense. It's more significant and somehow we can feel the spirit stronger in Spanish. Super weird! I was thinking about that and I think that maybe because that is the language we are called to serve in and preach in. So yeah, it does sound weird and feel weird, but it feels peaceful and calming when we talk about our Heavenly Father in Spanish. It was just a cool thought.
Anyway we have a great potential baptism! I sure hope it works out! Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment