This past Sunday was the craziest day EVER!!!!! We had the funniest lesson I've ever had! Okay, so first we meet this guy in the street and contacted him and asked if we could visit him one day. He´s got one sunken eye and he told us that we should know who he is because we always say hi to him (but we always say hi to everyone, so we didn't have a clue. He was a little upset so we pretended that we totally knew who he was).
So we get to his house and it's one of those super sketchy houses from a horror movie that you´d get murdered in.....so we taught him outside. Okay, so we get there and it smells like beer and cigarettes. He's got two friends over - and one of them only has one arm. We start a lesson type thing and they kind of just start asking us questions and then he says, "so what about this Smith fellow?" And Hna Snow says, "oh you mean Joseph smith?" Well, he was a prophet. "Do you remember the prophets in the Bible?" And they're like "oh yeah, I've read the Bible tons of times, but I don't really remember any of it." So she says okay. Then she asks them. "Do you remember Adam and Eve?" Well, Adam was a prophet. And he goes "oh yeah! Adam and Eve! Who won Eve? quien gano a Eva?" That's what he said in Spanish. That's the translation and in both languages it doesn't make any sense. At this point we´ve figured out that they are all crazy, so I try to wrap it up really quick and I tell them all I've got some presents for them and I start to get out a pamphlet.
While I'm explaining, el folleto, this other guy is talking to Hna Snow about how he really loves beer a lot and also the women in the streets. You know how they are just so great!!!! I didn't even notice this part, so I ask if we can say a prayer. At this point they all jump up and Hna Snow is explaining that we cross our arms and close our eyes but they had different ideas. They all surround us and start waving their hands in the air and start saying the weirdest prayer I've ever heard. The sunken eye guy before the prayer finishes, goes "okay, yep! I feel it. The Spirit is coming, the spirit is coming!" The one armed guy has his one arm in the air and doesn't know whats going on and says amen twice in the middle of the prayer. And I officially couldn't handle it any more and busted out laughing in the middle of the prayer as (quietly) as possible. Then they all said amen and then began closing in on us even more and we left as fast as possible. And yep....... that was the highlight of my week! love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment