Dominican Republic

Dominican Republic

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hello Everyone!

     All right first of all, home made paper lanterns catch fire and burn to the ground. It was still fun but sure isn't the same as in the movies.
     Hna Blanch and I were very brave this week and we both got our hair cuts! Yeah, this is the last time I will ever do that again here.  So I got a lot of layers in my hair.....but they just don't blend well, especially for blond hair.....  I don't know if I like it yet or not but for a DR haircut she did an okay job...at least it wasn't with safety scissors....ha ha that once happened to my sister leader!  But it's okay! It could be worse=)  
     So we had help cleaning our house today from the family downstairs. Ha ha, there is no greater panic than having them just make themselves at home and take over everything and start throwing water everywhere.  It's one thing to help them do that in THEIR houses but it's different when it is in YOUR OWN  house and you and your companion are both American.  But it's cleaner so that's cool.
      Yesterday we had an adventure when we went into Santiago for a meeting for training and then afterwards the mission nurse told us that we needed to take some medicine home with us, but she had to first go and get it. We ended up spending all of yesterday with her in her air conditioned car driving around everywhere. It was fun! The meds were for my DL who is sick and it was just more convenient that we bring them back since we were going that way.  But ha ha, she ended up just driving that way later anyways.  

Love you!

Hna Carey


No comments:

Post a Comment